I just received the following update from Pastor Rona regarding damage in Haiti caused by Hurricane Matthew.
1. In Lepal, four families lost their homes and one family lost a wall to their home. Rona has been unable to speak directly with the members. He suspects they are unable to charge their phones.
2. No damage among the brothers and sisters in Cape Haitian.
3. There was damage to the front metal gate to Jeanot's orphanage and school.
4. Yvette and Boursiquot report no damage to their orphanages / schools up to now.
5. We have not heard of any damage among the brothers and sisters of Petit Goave.
I will keep you posted as information comes in from Rona.
Please keep the brothers and sisters of Lepal in your prayers, especially those who lost homes, Pastor Marc, Sister Vierge, Brother Pierre Louis Nazaire, the father of Pastor Granzier Daniel, and also Brother Beneche Eloi who lost the wall to his home.
Update from Terry Schultz on 10/04/16
Just a quick update on Haiti.
I spoke with Pastor Rona about an hour ago. He reported that everyone appears to be fine at our Cape Haitian congregation and the three Leogane area congregations with the Lutheran orphanage schools. Rona had not heard yet from our groups in Lepal and Petit Goave.
The greatest concern now is mud slides and flooding. There is wide-spread flooding in the streets of Port-au-Prince. Haitian doctors are gearing up for a surge in health problems, particularly respiratory, diarrhea, and cholera.
John Kramer and I actually made quite a few contacts in the Bahamas during our two flights between Florida and Haiti earlier this month. We pray that our friends in Stella Maris, Inagua, and Matthew Town are safe.
I will let you know if there is any further information about our Haitian brothers and sisters and our new friends from the Bahamas and pass it on.
Thank you for keeping the people of Haiti in your prayers!
Praise be to our Lord for his love, mercy, and protection!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Branch Lutheran Schools of Haiti, Inc.